Sunday, January 28, 2007

Final

"Come on, you can do it!"
As if by magic, he dived right. He was right. To the thunderous applause of 55000 screaming fans, Lional Lewis had saved the last spot kick of the night! Today was the fist time I attended a soccer match in the National Stadium. I've been to many soccer matches but nothing prepared me for this. 55000 screaming fans was indeed an incredible sight. A magnificent sea of red swept by as thousands lept to their feet in joy. Stamping of feet, clapping of hands and songs of jubilation filled the air. Damn, it felt good.
Singapore beat Malaysia in a penalty shoot out. We didn't play all that well and we were very lucky to actually win and make it to the finals. But the atmosphere tonight is something I'll never forget. I think Jasmine too was quite awed by the presence of so many people in one voice. We had an enjoyable time. Can't wait to go watch the next match!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home