Sunday, May 29, 2005

Celebration

the clouds grew darker as the time to leave approached. gathering up my stuff, my brother and I left the house. just as we got into the taxi it started to rain. lucky me. i wasn't really in the mood to get my suit wet. making a short detour in order not to get stuck in traffic, we arrived at our destination. singapore expo. riding the escalator up to the second floor i made sure my clothes were in order and my suit wasn't crumpled. most of the equipment had already been set up. walking on to the stage, i picked up my mike and tested it. "mic test 1, 2, 3". good working condition. leaving the mic, i took a slow walk to coffee bean. needed my daily dose of caffine. holding on to my latte, i made my way back to the hall. soon it will be time to start. and so it did. for 2 and a half hours the celebration went on. its was good. rogughy 1000 people stood before me. it wasn't about me though. it was about HIM. the great and mighty one. it was good to be among all these people together in union, having only one thing on their minds. today we celebrated the end of a 40 day journy. tomorrow we begin our new found life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home