Wednesday, September 05, 2007

a bastard in an officer's uniform...

I love soccer. You can say that I'm crazy about it. Any time, any place. I could have a broken leg and still try to play soccer. Being in the army, soccer games are hard to come by. For the last 4yrs I've been representing my team in SAFSA soccer competitions. I've been the captain for the last 2yrs. This yr was no different. Once again, as captain, I played in the SAFSA soccer tournament. However last saturday I injured myself. I was playing in the annaual Methodist Welfare Society soccer competition. Its a charity tournament that helps raise funds for the needy. During the first match, I busted my knee. At first I thought it was a minor thing and tried to ice it down. The pain got worse and finally I gave up and went to Changi General Hospital. I went to the A&E to see the doctor. After a few x-rays and having some kind of painkiller injected to numb my knee, the doctor said that there was no bone or ligament damage. It was a knee muscles and tendons that were strained. I was given 3 days mc and 3 weeks of light duties. That meant no soccer for 3 weeks. What happened the following monday got me really pissed. This was the conversation I had with my SAFSA coach on my phone on monday.

Coach: Rupen, don't be late for today's match.
Rupen: Sorry coach. I won't be able to play today. I busted my knee on sat in a charity match. Doctor says no football for 3 weeks.
Coach: Don't bluff me la. You lazy to play today just say so. Don't give me this bullshit story about injuring your knee.
Rupen: What? Sir, I really injured my knee. I was at Changi Hospital. I have a doctor's MC.
Coach: Don't give me this attitude la Rupen. Just because I didn't let you start the last match you want to give me attitude right.
Rupen: Sir, if you don't believe me, you can come to my house and I'll pass you my doctor's letter. What you mean I giving you attitude? I'm the captain of the team. I've been playing for you for the last 4yrs. How can you say I would give this kind of excuse?
Coach: Its okie la Rupen. I know you la. You just like everyone else. Just because I put you on as a sub in the second half you want to give me attitude. Its okie. Nevermind. Next time you will get the same thing back.
Rupen: Sir, I have no idea what you're talking about. But if you are trying to question my integrity towards the team. After playing under you for 4yrs and you think I'll bluff you about an injury, then I'm sorry. You can find yourself another captain. I QUIT!

Well, I won't be playing for any more SAFSA tournaments. I'm glad too. After 4yrs, this is the thanks I get. Its fine with me. I've got better things to do with my life anyway. SAFSA soccer can go screw themselves. I know half the team has quit anyway. Coach, you can go find yourself a new team and captain. Screw you coach and screw you SAFSA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home