Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Dim Sum Dollies


Dim Sum Dollies.

I've been to my fair share of musicals and plays. Heck, I've even acted, co-directed and managed musicals before. But what I saw tonight gave me a whole new meaning to the world of theater. I admit, I'm not the most creative person. Musicals I've done before were what you would normally consider "drama". Dim Sum Dollies, now that is what a musical should be like. I've heard rave reviews about the first musical so Jasmine and me decided to watch the second one. The way the musical was carried out was unique. A mixture of culture, politics and down right controversial topics. You'll be surprise to see that even though the musical has been showing since before National Day, the topics they talk about during the show is about the current presidential election, or rather the lack of a presidential election, NKF and TT Durai, the Integrated resort and many other topics. Their ability to add humor to the whole thing, sing them in songs and keep us laughing for 2 and a half hours was worth every cent. I urge all of you to watch it! Its funny, witty and clever. I've also heard that they are extending another 5 shows due to huge demand. So for those who have not watched it, please go watch it. It is the musical of the year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home