Friday, December 22, 2006

A really, really white Christmas.

Weather report: Blizzard. Snow Storm. Strong icy winds.

Well, the last 2 days has been cold. I mean really, really cold. According to the news, they are calling it "The Christmas Blizzard". I've never experienced snow before. I mean, I have seen snow. I've gone skiing before. I've made snowballs before. But I've never seen snow falling from the sky. So seeing snow falling from the sky was really really nice. Then it turned into a snow storm and the snow was like really high. The funny thing is, during the blizzard last night, we decided to go sledging. So we drove out to the park and went sledging in the blizzard. It was cold. The snow was up to my thigh. The wind was blowing from every direction. Snow was getting into my face, into my mouth, into my nose. My fingers were numb, my ears were so cold. Walking up the slope with the sledge in the bitter cold wind was a challenge itself. But the satisfaction of riding down the slope was beyond words. Its noting like a water slide or a grassy slope. It was fun, but bitter cold. I went for like 3 ride before I gave in to the cold. Holding on to one of the sleighs, I walked as fast as I could back to the car. Damn, it was cold. Today the weather has eased up a lot. The snow is falling lightly and there is no more wind. My uncle and cousins are out sledging now but I decided to keep warm and stay indoors. Will be going shopping later. Hope my boots are all dried up from last night's escapades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home