Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Give them an inch and they'll go a mile


Scenario:

boy : daddy I hate you! I'm going to call the police and tell them to take you away. (raised voice)

daddy : -silent-

boy : daddy, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! (shouts)

daddy : -silent-

mummy : boy, don't like that. Its okie. (whispering)

boy : No! I hate daddy. I want to leave. I'm going to call the police.

daddy : -silent-

mummy : its okie boy, don't be like that.

me : SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! (screaming in my head)

Interesting conversation don't you think? I was quite taken back by the tone and the way the boy was talking to his father. What surprised me even more was that fact that the parents did nothing. The father just sat there and kept quiet. If it was my dad, he would have beaten the living shit out of me there and then. But no, this boy's parents decided not to do anything.
What is becoming of parents these days? They are spoiling their kids. Give them everything they want and protecting them from everything. It is really getting out of hand. But what can we do? Singaporean parents are becoming too soft now days. Sad!

*The little argument that took place between the boy, his dad and mum happened to be in the cinema. I was watching "The Myth" with Jas when the boy, sitting behind us, started throwing his temper around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home