Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Insomnia

I dread the passing hours as I sit here and procrastinate.
Procrastinate about everything and anything I need to finish.
As I sit on the porch I watch the everlasting war.
The day has put up a good fight but like yesterday and the day before it finally gives in.
Struggling to stay above the horizon, it quickly fades away.
Smiling like it did the night before, the darkness engulfs me and everything around me.
All of a sudden everything seems so quiet; so still; so alone.
Nothing but the huge smile looking down on me with stars as its eyes.
Its is now that my fears start to manifest themselves. They love the dark of the night.
I turn my back upon them but I hear their snarls and hisses from afar.
I can sense them getting closer. Faster. Bigger than I last remembered them to be.
I envy you. You who are able to have a good's night sleep.
Well, you go to sleep. You need the rest. You have to wake up tomorrow morning and work.
Me? My day starts now. As the light gives way to the blackness, my day starts.
So go on and get some sleep. I'm off. Off to who knows where. But I cannot stay here.
Work has to be done. Tonight I fight my war!

... Just like last night and the night before that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Airina Margot Falafel Frou Frou Tenenbaum Imran said...

'The day has put up a good fight but like yesterday and the day before it finally gives in.'

how apt.
:(

11:04 pm, October 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home